Excursion to Natural Forest Conservation
Full day Trip to Kinabalu National Park & Desa Cow Farm
About Kinabalu National Park
Kinabalu National Park is Malaysia’s first UNESCO World Heritage Site, floristically fantastic with an estimated 5 ,000 - 6 ,000 vascular plant species and identified as a globally important Centre of Plant Endemism. Set at 1,500 m above sea level, this 754 sq kilometre park features one the Tallest Mountains in all of South East Asia as its centre piece, Mount Kinabalu is rising at 4.095.2 m with cloud-hugging peaks that catches breaths, enchants eyes and shading valleys below. Certainly, a sight to behold from Kinabalu National Park. Also, within the park, restaurants amidst lush montane forests, a botanic garden boasting plant species endemic to Mount Kinabalu as well as nature trails varying in length, from 20 minutes to 2-3 hours.
• Rumah Terbalik / Upside Down House
• Nabalu Handicraft Market
• UNESCO World Heritage Site Kinabalu Park
• Outstanding Vantage Point of Mount Kinabalu
• Desa Cow Farm
Source: Amazing Borneo
Things You Should Bring
• Comfortable walking shoe
• Raincoat or umbrella (just in case of bad weather)
• You may bring a sweater along with you as it can get a bit chilly up in Kinabalu Park.
• Insect repellent
Things You Should Know
• Departure from Promenade Hotel Kota Kinabalu at 7.30 am and to leave Desa Cow Farm at 4.00 pm (EXPECTED TO ARRIVE AT PROMENADE HOTEL AT 6.30 PM). All participants need to gather in the hotel lobby 15 minutes before departure and you need to register at the hotel lobby (WOBIC2019 Technical Visit Registration Counter).
• Pitstop at Rumah Terbalik/Upside Down House for a few photos only takes about 10-15 minutes. However, if you wish to enter the house, it should be your OWN EXPENSES.
• You can choose to wait at the resting area if you do not wish to proceed for any of the nature walks at Kinabalu Park.
If you have any inquiries, kindly contact the person in charge, Mr. Mohd Hambali, @ 017-7192592.